No items found.
Report

The State of Returns: What Retailers Can Expect from Consumers in 2021

Summary

Since the pandemic, consumers overwhelmingly turned to online shopping (and returning) out of quarantine necessity. Now that retail stores have opened again, 45% of customers want to return to the brick-and-mortar experience. The remaining 55% told goTRG they plan to continue returning online, but most say that sending back e-commerce orders is still far too complicated. These shoppers are ready to move beyond printing shipping labels and driving to the nearest FedEx.

To find out exactly how customers feel about online and in-store returns in a post-pandemic world, goTRG conducted a Customer Loyalty and Returns Survey and found that shoppers crave the easiest methods. This desire for convenience ultimately leads them to favor in-store and curbside options, wherever possible. Still, many customers are shipping online orders back and say that free returns are the most important aspect of the process.

Retailers that can innovate with more convenient returns options in 2021 will gain a loyal customer base for years to come.

To get the survey results, download the full report now!

Download your copy of the

Report

Thank you. Here is your copy for download.
Something went wrong while submitting your information. Please try again.

More in 

No items found.

More in 

Report

Thought Leadership: Explosive Wholesale Demand and the Rise of Secondary Market Post-Covid

July 19, 2021

Wholesale supply combined with consumer demand fueled explosive secondary market growth. So, will this trend endure post-Covid?

Read
arrow-right

The State of Returns: What Retailers Can Expect from Consumers in 2021

August 11, 2021

Consumer Survey Results: Retailers that can innovate with more convenient returns options in 2021 will gain a loyal customer base for years to come.

Read
arrow-right

goTRG Consumer Survey - Holiday Returns During COVID-19

October 22, 2020

goTRG's consumer survey helps predict consumer's holiday shopping behavior during COVID-19 and the impact on the retail sector.

Read
arrow-right